clutch slips - whats to change?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikect

Reaction score
on my 2000 warrior, i get slipping in mid-to-high rpm ranges; ?been through cable adjustment..took it apart, visually i see meat on the clutch plates, but I know that doesn't always mean anything - what should i change? a new set of clutch plates? should I add 1 more thin steel? or should I change all of the steels to new? how about the 5-springs? trying to get it fixed on a budget..thanks!

you are prob just out of adjustment with the fibers... i would put an extra steel in if and try that.... warriors are weird and the pressure plate bottoms out before the fibers are worn out if you need any info on the extra steel its in the toutrial section

AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!!

ps... most problems are allready posted and require some searching... some people get kinda pissy about reposts.. not to be a dick or anything just a heads up! haha

But if you cant find something feel free to ask most people on here are really nice!!!!

good luck hope you can fix it on your budget!!!!!

mikect said:
on my 2000 warrior, i get slipping in mid-to-high rpm ranges; ?been through cable adjustment..took it apart, visually i see meat on the clutch plates, but I know that doesn't always mean anything - what should i change? a new set of clutch plates? should I add 1 more thin steel? or should I change all of the steels to new? how about the 5-springs? trying to get it fixed on a budget..thanks!

I would go and get a clutch kit on ebay and try to get one with heavy duty springs as well. I would put the extra thin steel in the basket. You can also do the raptor clutch cable pull mod for a butter like clutch pull.

thanks for the tips all!! will post my results to add to the collective when complete

wel, added an extra shim based on tutorial, direct from my local yamaha dealer; re-adjusted, was better for a 2 days of hard riding; now its slipping again; noticed it on road when i was really topped out, but now even on the trail i notice it slipping...also noticed the grooves on the basket; just going to replace all with new at this point.

try fileing down the grooves, mine was fucked, and all i did was file the grooves, and add an extra steal and what a difference, it dosnt slip at all anymore..

i think this is the same prob for me except i slip into neutral from 1st or 2nd a lot. I thought it was my linkage so i went direct. Its still becoming worse and wosre all the time.

So the same recipe would apply?

i put a new clutch kit in mine not to long ago and you would not believe the difference it made.

Back