Clutch safety switch, lessons learned

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frit91

Reaction score
I learned a lesson(s) today about swapping out clutch perches and doing away with the clutch switch. This really applies to those of you that have kids and let them ride your wheeler. Never trust that when they put it back in the shop they put it in neutral before shutting it off, no matter how many times you have told them to do so. Why you may ask. Well let me tell you why. A warrior will start in 1st gear and it will take off and run into your wood stove and knock over your used oil barrel and make a slick mess and generally just piss you off to no f&%#*@g end. My lessons learned today were to not trust that your wheeler is in neutral if you were not the last to ride it. Another was that maybe that clutch switch was there for a good reason and I should have just left well enough alone. And the last lesson I learned was to never start my wheeler when I am not sitting on it or haven't made sure it is in neutral first. Moral to this story, be aware before you push the start button, because a good mood can disappear in a flash.

It's okay Lloyd, I am laughing now too. The only thing that really pissed me off was the oil barrel. It was like that som bitch fell over in slow motion. I bet the look on my face was priceless when that damn thing fired up and took off. I literally heard myself pull a Homer and say "d'oh!". It could have been much worse. It turned and missed my welding cart and missed my plasma cutter by inches. I bet I stood there in disbelief for a few seconds before I started to chase it down. **** like this happens to me all the time. No wonder my friends like coming over to my shop.
homer-simpson-doh_zps3b32cb3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back