Clutch problems....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriortamer

Reaction score
Ok now I feel like an f'in idiot. I was doing my clutch swap today and man my luck. I did not even get it apart before I broke something. Here is the question- the clutch springs have bolts going through them to hold them in place. Is it the clutch basket that is threaded for the bolts? I slipped with the rachet and broke off 2 of the "stands" the springs go over- the part that is threaded for the bolts. I can not tell what I need from looking at the diagram for nothing. I am trying to figure out what part I broke so I can find another ASAP as I am supposed to go riding next weekend.

Also, the main nut that holds the basket in place, how the hell do you get it off. I have not done a clutch on this in years and I swear I feel like I forgot something simple.

Thanks in advance.

impact wrench works well.. or you'll have to hold the engine from turning over by the flywheel bolt or some other means..
Yeah it's the clutch basket that holds the springs and bolts to the pressure plate.

The pressure plate is what I actually broke... god do I feel stupid. The bolt is standard threads and not reverse threads correct.

Thanks jason... I got it all apart. Looks like I am going to need a new clutch basket also. It is grooved pretty good. Hopefully I can get the parts and get it back together by Friday night.

Back