clutch problem need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courchaine

Reaction score
I've just installed a brand new EBC clutch in my ATV and I've also added a steel plate. The problem is that when I pull the clutch and I try to move the ATV it's pretty hard like the clutch is not fully engaging.....can it be the added steel that cause this ? I mean maybe it's too thick and the clutch is not completely disangaging ??? help me please

You may have a completely different problem than what i had because you installed a new clutch, but this same type of thing happened to me and it was just that my cable had gummed up and wouldn't release when i let it out, all i had to do was take off the cable and lube it up a bit and it was good to go.

courchaine said:
I've just installed a brand new EBC clutch in my ATV and I've also added a steel plate. The problem is that when I pull the clutch and I try to move the ATV it's pretty hard like the clutch is not fully engaging.....can it be the added steel that cause this ? I mean maybe it's too thick and the clutch is not completely disangaging ??? help me please

There is going to be a little drag still even though you have the clutch in. Did you pre soak the clutch liners?
The extra steel places more load on the clutch springs and also not allowing the pressure plate to bottom out. You should adjust your cable so basically you still have the same travel as you did before. Basically the pressure plate should still come appart as far as it did before so that shouldn't effect things.
Does the machine drive alright?

yeah it drive right but I can ear the transmission ''knocking'' when i'm down shifting but it's pretty hard to push I can even ear the one way bearing when I'm pushing it backward

courchaine said:
yeah it drive right but I can ear the transmission ''knocking'' when i'm down shifting but it's pretty hard to push I can even ear the one way bearing when I'm pushing it backward

sounds to me like something in the clutch got put together wrong or your not pushing the pack appart far enough.

well I've just realised that when the bike is running it's not hard to push or if I just start it and then turn it off and try to push it it's ok.....but I still heard a little toc when downshifting is it normal ?

Back