clutch not engaging

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlord

Reaction score
This winter when I go riding my clutch has been screwing around. I pull in the lever and sometimes it won't go back out. I turn it off and fiddle with the lever and eventually it clicks back into place. Also, I'll be riding along and shift into a different gear and the thing will go out slowly. I sprayed wd40 in the cable housing and all that and fiddled with the adjustment but it hasn't helped that much. Would this be due to the cold, or is it something worse?

it's either the cable/perch, or the basket has grooves in it, and the clutch needs taken apart and filed down. Try disconnencting the cable at the engine side, and see if the lever and cable move freely, or if something might be binding up.

Well I took off the cable and let it warm up inside for a day. I can't move the cable even when I pull it with vise grips. Its seems to be worse now, I guess its ruined. Oh well I'll just get a new one. Thanks guys!

My clutch is so smooth now. Apparently my clutch was stiff before, though I didn't know because I had nothing to compare it to.

Back