clutch kits

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99warriornj

Reaction score
thinking i may need a clutch and was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for a clutch kit and tricks?? leaning towards EBC, ive used them for the brakes on my quad and my 97 GTI. and never had a problem with their products. any help is appreciated .. thanks

Barnett Dirt Digger clutch kit is the way to go! Comes with friction plates, steels, springs. I abused the **** out of mine and it just took it all. Highly recommended.

i got an ebc clutch kit in mine also. been in there for about 4 years now and thats even running 0w-40 amsoil synthetic oil in it :eek: which i had tons of people say synthetic oils will make your clutch wear out quicker, i just think its all in the rider. either way im very happy with the ebc kit mine has

There's no reason to spend a bunch of money on a high end clutch on the warrior, even a barnett is spending too much in my opinion. The stock clutch components combined with stiffer springs and an extra steel plate will hold strong enough for the most all-out engine build, nevermind a mostly stock engine. I have also had good luck with EBC for the price but still feel like the stock one is a safer bet.

And screw kevlar clutches, if you smoke one do you know what happens, warriorgirl? Kevlar basically turns into a sand-like substance which then circulates through your engine and unleashes a wrath of **** upon all the moving parts. And you may say you'd never be dumb enough to smoke a clutch, but that doesn't mean the friend you let ride the quad has the same sense you do, especially when people aren't familiar with a machine they'll ride the piss out of the clutch and burn it up. With a regular organic-based clutch it's not a problem, just wears it out. Burned up kevlar clutch = bad day for you!

yeah my ebc got beat all summer and it is still fine... i didnt even put an extra steel in it (that was before i knew about that mod)

YamaRider said:
There's no reason to spend a bunch of money on a high end clutch on the warrior, even a barnett is spending too much in my opinion. The stock clutch components combined with stiffer springs and an extra steel plate will hold strong enough for the most all-out engine build, nevermind a mostly stock engine. I have also had good luck with EBC for the price but still feel like the stock one is a safer bet.

And screw kevlar clutches, if you smoke one do you know what happens, warriorgirl? Kevlar basically turns into a sand-like substance which then circulates through your engine and unleashes a wrath of **** upon all the moving parts. And you may say you'd never be dumb enough to smoke a clutch, but that doesn't mean the friend you let ride the quad has the same sense you do, especially when people aren't familiar with a machine they'll ride the piss out of the clutch and burn it up. With a regular organic-based clutch it's not a problem, just wears it out. Burned up kevlar clutch = bad day for you!

just saying... i only buy kevlar clutches... i've never smoked one and NO ONE EVER rides my bikes/quads so there's no worries abot other idiots. kevlar IMO lasts longer and holds better (i had to put one in my R1 to keep it from slipping) along with harder springs. but whatever you can be an ass about it... i really dont care

Ladies ladies lets not be so hostile. These are just opinions and you all know how that saying goes. I would go with something that is a familiar brand but stay away from companies you never heard of. they all pretty much offer the same ****.

a shop near me is goin outta buisiness. thye have a DP clutch kit for $100 and KG kit for $68, both of which they were willing to take money off. Which one do yall think would be the better buy.

KG should do just fine... just remember you keep a steel plate from your old one so when the new one starts slipping you can add another plate for more gripping power :)

I use stock friction and steels with an extra steel, and FST HD springs, on my 446. Clutch lever pull with the HD springs gets tough, but using a Raptor 350 clutch release system makes as easy as a stock YFZ450. The stock plates run about $120 but hey if Mickey Dunlap of FST recommeds it, there is a reason for it.

dave76 said:
I use stock friction and steels with an extra steel, and FST HD springs, on my 446. Clutch lever pull with the HD springs gets tough, but using a Raptor 350 clutch release system makes as easy as a stock YFZ450. The stock plates run about $120 but hey if Mickey Dunlap of FST recommeds it, there is a reason for it.

thanks man.. the more i look into it, the more im leaning at a stocker with extra steel.... is your 446 from FST. id really like to do this, just a little skeptical on it, plus we ride every weekend so i think ill have to get a spare motor to send out. any input from you or anyone else you know that has this package would be great. thanks

99warriornj said:
dave76 said:

thanks man.. the more i look into it, the more im leaning at a stocker with extra steel.... is your 446 from FST. id really like to do this, just a little skeptical on it, plus we ride every weekend so i think ill have to get a spare motor to send out. any input from you or anyone else you know that has this package would be great. thanks

I think it's worth it, I had read that gasman had it but killed the rod bearing, so I'd say it probably won't hold up to weekly racing were your on the throttle all the time, so the riding that we do I think it'll be fine, mine is going on 4 years with out a glitch.

Yes it's from FST, I built the motor, just sent him the crank, cylinder, and head to be ported. It's $600 for the crank machining, cylinder resleeving, piston and ring set. The cam $195 with springs, and porting was $200. CWR does a better job on port and flow as he installs a 1mm larger valve, but it's cost's more then $200. Mickey claims 42 HP with the stock carb, a little more with an Eldelbrock, or a Mikuni HSR carb.

Back