clutch is jacked!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfmwarrior38

Reaction score
thought i would change this i got a new clutch cuzz my old was junked and realy old ok so it was slip n and did not but my clutch boos springs in i got new ones cuzz my old clutch got thrown away and i got a extra steel to cuzz i was told it would help it grab better and i tryed it out here we r it still finds a false nutral in 3rd when i take conners hard and when iam get n on it in like 5th some times......

Last edited:
i understood completely :crazy: your oil is getting REALLY HOT and the reverse lever/shifter is kicking it into a false neutral try adjusting the linkage on that and if that dosen't work get a oil cooler mine will do the exact same thing if it has a ood clutch in it

I dunno man. That's a painful read. I can't figure out what parts he put in new, and what parts are used.

But I'll try.

Best advice to 38 would be to be sure you assembled the clutch in EXACTLY the way it shows, with all of the parts shown in an exploded diagram like this one:
http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/...ALL_TERRAIN_VEHICLE)/CLUTCH_(YFM350XJ_-_1997)

Aside from that, your frictions or springs may be toast. Verify correct number of frictions and steels, and that you didn't stack them incorrectly. Pressure plate face stepped/worn? Without seeing it, they're all guesses from where we sit.

I dunno man. That's a painful read. I can't figure out what parts he put in new, and what parts are used.

But I'll try.

Best advice to 38 would be to be sure you assembled the clutch in EXACTLY the way it shows, with all of the parts shown in an exploded diagram like this one:
http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/...ALL_TERRAIN_VEHICLE)/CLUTCH_(YFM350XJ_-_1997)

Aside from that, your frictions or springs may be toast. Verify correct number of frictions and steels, and that you didn't stack them incorrectly. Pressure plate face stepped/worn? Without seeing it, they're all guesses from where we sit.
my clutch is just like this but with a extra steel and i put mine where this guy told me to on anther fourm but is there a place where it should be or what?

i understood completely :crazy: your oil is getting REALLY HOT and the reverse lever/shifter is kicking it into a false neutral try adjusting the linkage on that and if that dosen't work get a oil cooler mine will do the exact same thing if it has a ood clutch in it
ok thanks ill check out the linkage tommarow or somthing is there a certain way it should be?

i put it as the last one to go on to help save my hub boss some wear

i think your warrior is running too hot, dose it do it right when you first start riding it or is it only after you have rode it a while?

But I'll try.

Look at what I said now I did explain well lol my bad

Back