Clutch install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzdude250f

Reaction score
I have read my clymer i know the stacking order of the fibers and plates and where the thick and thin plates go. I just have a few questions.
I read some where on a forum it matters the direction of the steels, I can feel one side of my steels rounded on the top and the other side as a "ridge" on the top , I was told the round edge faces towards engagement which would be torwards the engine case correct, And when i add another steel where is the best place?, against one of the thicker ones in the middle?. And is the steel we add a thick or thinner one. Any input would help me out

Last edited:
And anotherthing when you put it together leave those wavy washer discs out those suck on long gevity like a vampire to blood and it dosent matter which way the steel's are faceing as long as they are all facing the same way

yeah the cushion springs "wavy disk" hit the trash can 15 minutes ago

And I'm not sure were the "best" place to put the disc in at mine is the last peice to go on because my clutch is set up. Like no other specialty parts and all I've always run the extra as a thick one

Just installed a heavy duty tusk clutch in mine, all steels were the same thickness, threw the extra steel in the middle of the pack, biggest problem I ran into was getting all the splines to line up properly! The inner basket piece only goes together one way if you don't get it to seat properly your clutch won't disengage! Just be sure everything is lined up properly or you will do it twice like I had to!

Meangene..... What was the thickness of the extra steel you added, was it a thin or thick, I keep seeing some people on post saying thin and some saying thicker.

I took a stock clutch out and put the tusk clutch in so I just took the extra steel out of the old stock clutch! All my steel plates are the same thickness from what I could tell!

and also the hib boss (the thing with the splines that go to the steals) and the preasure plate(the thing that the clutch pack's spring's bolts thread into) have arrows or timing marks and if they arnt lined up the clutch wont go together all the way might want to keep that in mind when assembling

Back