Clutch Cover Removal.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorguy5

Reaction score
Hey Guys I am going to be polishing my my Clutch Cover in the next few days and wanted to known about removing it. I Know I have to drain The oil first the undo the cable from that rod on the cover, Then unscrew the bolts ? Will The cover just pop of after this is there any thing else I have too do like something else to this rod? Thanks in advance.

~ Eddie

When you take the bolts out it should just pull right off. Mine didn't come off so smoothly though. There is a steel dowel on both sides of the cover that fit into a hole in the cover and also on the engine to keep everything lined up. One of mine ended up rusted and corroded, and got stuck in there real good. I had to bang mine around for a few hours until I got it loose, but normally they will pull right off. Just be careful not to loose those dowels. One of mine fell out of the cover and got kicked around the garage and I spent 2 hours looking for it instead of putting everything back together.

You may have to tap the clutch cover from it's backside to pop it off. Use a long piece of wood or something soft so not to damage the cover. There are a couple "tabs" to rest something against and tap. Also do not pry it off as you may damage the faces that seal together. I also use gasket remover and soak the remaining gasket material if any on the cover for 5-10 mins then put a fine wire brush on my drill and that gasket material will come off easy.

These tips also help me as my chrome clutch cover should be installed tomorrow.

cant stress enough like flyinacez said, dont use anything to pry it off. aluminum is way too soft. i had to take a rubber mallet and lightly beat all around the perimeter to break it loose. the two dowels didnt want to let loose very easily either. the hardest or most time consuming part to it is prepping the surfaces for the new gasket. on a scale from 1-10, i rank it a 1.5 on the level of difficulty

Put a SMALL DROP of Anti-sieze on the dowels once you get them out.

Solves the stuck dowel problem forever.

On that note, put a small drop on ANY bolt that does not need threadlock. You, and your quad will feel much less Wallet Pain.

the two main parts i would use anti-sieze on would be your hubs and axle splines and also on your exhaust bolts coming out of your head.

Back