Clutch cover gets very hot!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid23

Reaction score
Maybe its just me being paranoid but the clutch cover gets very very hot on my warrior. I noticed it after a 1.5 hr ride the cover was very hot and I could not touch it with my hand. It cant be good for the motor to get that hot. The exhaust silencer gets very hot as well . I am running a 150 main jet uni clamp on filter and a supertrapp slip on with the fuel screw 2.5 turns out. ( and for the fuel screw 1 full rotation is one turn?) I am thinking about doing the oil cooler mod but not using the huge cooler but one like this. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...earch&itemIdentifier=577703_0_0_&newYmme=true
Would this work or is it too small?

Last edited:
Summit had free shipping on the cooler I wanted so I got it for 27 bucks! All I need is the hose now. Being a plumber I got all the fittings I need! Might even pipe it up in hard aluminum pipe! lol

hell, I have a huge oil cooler and my engine still get wicked hot. Our quads run on the warm side!

Summit had free shipping on the cooler I wanted so I got it for 27 bucks! All I need is the hose now. Being a plumber I got all the fittings I need! Might even pipe it up in hard aluminum pipe! lol

If you do end up running hard lines, your gonna have to run rubber off of the motor for atleast a few inches because of the vibrations from it.

Justg me being me I checked engin temp befor I did the coolerr and fan setup an the cooler droped mine from 250+ degrees (laser thermometer didn't go anr higher) dowwn to 224 and I added a 850cfm fan and the hottest its gotten with that is 175 but I haven't rode it really hard yet

My fan blows on the motor not the cooler its mounted behind the steering steem and infront of tthe frames down tubes it helps a ton imma put a fan on the cooler too it would be sweet the have a thermastat or engin temp gauge

Yea and with that thermostat fan controller being pretty cheap all anyone would need to do is get a fan from a raptor, yfz, or any atv with a sealed fan motor.

Well I did the drilling and tapping today and the drilling went well but the tapping did not. The first hole went great no issues the 2nd one was fine until I heard something strange. I looked on the inside and saw the tap popped through the side of the oil galley! So Im pissed, now i have to wait to ride. I pmed 1998yamahawarrior for one of his pre tapped and filled covers so I dont have to dick with another one. Im sure I could do it but I really dont feel like it and in the end the cost evens out. I dont trust using jb weld or qick steel on the inside of the cover because if it comes off or leaks I won't know until its too late.

Back