Clutch Basket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a drill and drill a hole slightly smaller then the bolt drill it althe way through but don't drill through the caseand a square or star headed screw driver slitly bigger then the hole then tap in in gently ant unstrew it from the hole

Marbe but if you break one you will be there for hours id try drilling it out first I seem to have better luch with it that way

Ok one more question and I swear I'm done

What size bolts are the bolts that thread into the head that hold the cam sprocket on? One of the holes thread is messed up and I wanna tap it but just wanna buy the bit and not a whole set

Oooohhhh! Ok did you break them off? If so use the same processes as already stated but if they are just rounded I've use vise grips on em they come off pritty easy

nope the bolts out just the i cant thread another bolt in it, the threads inside got all messed up somehow maybe overtighten

I believe they are 6mm x 1.25 ya that's right and use a thread chaser if you can but a tap will work to but becarefull with the aluminum it can screw it up quick!

Well I re installed the clutch with the arrows and exactly how the book shows and the basket or the sprocket doent move at all. Wtf?? I'm bout to give up haha

Damn dude, your lucky that rod didn't completely destroy everything. The new one as I told yah when I sold it, has some wear, we spec'd it when you picked it up, but its no where near as bad as what you had. The bearings get ground up or float round to your head?

I need to re read thru this post and see what ur issue is Try this thou, with the basket on and it in nutural, get a chain on your sprocket and use the chain to move it. It will move, (it should move) your not going to turn it by hand.

Sorry about that head cover bolt, I didn't know about it.

A reverse drill bit will usually snag a bolt and back it out. Is this on the end bottom end I gave you? Sorry bout that too man, as I said, I just got it like that. You saw me check the tranny thou, you'll be good there. and do you have your reverse linkage hooked up yet? tat will help yah in the long run if you do it now. I tested it and it worked, but don't know if I left it engaged or not.

Back