Clutch Basket & Clutch Assembly

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba9801

Reaction score
I am having problems with my clutch and I am pretty sure it is that the clutch basket is worn and the clutches are not disengaging properly. When I put it in reverse with the clutch pulled it still wants to drive away. It is also getting very difficult to find neutral and I am running a direct shifter. I was wondering if anyone makes a new clutch basket that will fit my 87 warrior. I was looking around at Wiesco and Hinson but did not see anything. Also what would be the best clutch to use for just trail riding. The bike is now just a spare for friends to ride and it will not see alot of heavy use anymore so I don't think I need anything to crazy. All my mods are listed in my sig. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

no0 one makes a new basket besides oem and I have had the tusk clutch on mine since last year and havent had any problems

My 02 takes off when I put it in reverse also just hold the foot brake it's normal
and if it's getting hard to find neutral obviously the motor is getting hot get an oil cooler and that problem will go away

I dont think the oil getting hot is my issue as I can ride it for 10 minutes and it will start to act up. I really don't want to do alot of work to the bike as it is in overall great shape and I don't even ride it anymore. I just want it to be reliable for friends to ride. I know the clutch is at least 4-5 years old so maybe I will just pull it apart and try to file down the grooves in the basket and put a fresh clutch in and see if that helps before adding the oil cooler mod to it. Thanks for the ideas so far.

yes I have tried to adjust it and the cable is less than a year old so I know it is not stretched as again it does not really get ridden anymore.

I remember when I did the clutch last that the basket started to have some light grooving in it so that is why I think it is just getting worse over time and hanging the clutch plates. Also I always use YamaLube in it so I know the clutch has the proper lubrication.

When I do a clutch on any warrior I sand the grooves out of the fingers on the basket. That`s usually the reason it hangs up in reverse. Don`t go crazy just get the edges off and it will help a lot.

I will order a new clutch next month and once the parts come in I will pull it apart and file down the groves in the basket. I will let you all know how it works out once it is done. I am going away hunting so that why I wont have time to do any of this till next month.
Thanks again for all your input. :)

Back