Clutch adjustment problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rm125boy2

Reaction score
Ok Im new to this site and im in need of immediate help. I recently bought a new clutch kit with springs. I pulled every thing out and replaced the clutch EXACTLY how it came out. When I had every thing back together, I went to adjust the cable but no matter what adjustments I make to the cable it wont disengage the clutch so I can shift.

Any Ideas will be appreciated.

and yes, I did search the fourms but i found nothing

more info is needed as to how you've adjusted the clutch cable. Did you adjust it so there is a little free play and then when you pull it does it feel like there is pressure or ??

When we took off everything, we didn't mark exactly where the cable came off at. When we put everything back together and we went to pull on it (the clutch lever) and it felt like a break lever and yet still would not role when we pulled in the clutch lever.

mine doesn't roll when you pull the clutch lever in and have it in gear until you give it a big jerk. If the bike warms up a little then it's easier to push around and doesn't tend to lock up.. Once it breaks free then your fine it will roll around with slight drag.
Did you take the clutch arm off of the spines on the side of the case.

well.... we (friend and I)put oil in it and let it idle for like 5 min. Then we hooked the clutch cable back up and pulled the clutch in then tried to start it. It just was like when we pulled the clutch in there was no diffence and we adjusted it like over 50 diffrent times cause we forgot to mark exactly how we took the clutch cable off (stupid us). Anyways today i got fed up with it and took it to our local fourwheeler shop. I should have it back around 2 weeks and il let you know how it works :). Also i bought a tusk clutch. And then i looked at the forms on here and everyone is saying that tusk is no good. Il let u know after a while how mine holds up.

Back