Clunk

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff850

Reaction score
While I was riding to I was getting stuck in some sand and mud so of course I bounced the side to side and i was getting a loud like clunk noise and it was jerking the bike. I don't know if it was the chain being loose and jumping or what. Tell me what y'all think?

When my chain gets alot of slack in it, it will make a clunking noise. I would make proper adjustments to the chain and go from there.

My first guess would be the chain was starting to jump the sprockets, and the clunk sound was when it got tight and pulled back onto the sprockets. Check that the chain rollers and guides in good shape, and if there's any broken or bent teeth on the sprockets.

Check the swingarm bearings too. I never had them make the bike jerk around, but when mine wore out they would make a creak or loud crack when I was on uneven terrain or rocking side to side.

thats the same feeling i was getting, and it wasnt the chain, read TRANSMISSION PROBLEM in the quad related section and see if it is the same problem u may be having.

Yeah i have that name problem and i was looking the seal was broken on my swing arm so i think my swing are baring are toast

Back