Close Call

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksk350

Reaction score
Went riding today and my batary dies in the middle of the trails. My quad wouldn't start at all. i thought i was pushing her home but thank God by friends were there to help me out. we ended up jump starting it by dumping it in 1st while it we were rolling it down a hill. I'm glad that worked or else id probably still be in there lol. I REALLY REALLY wish i could find a kick start kit for the thing, id pay anything for one ;D

Yea similar thing happened to me, had a bad battery without knowing it, stalled the motor and it wouldn't start again. Luckily it was close to my house so I just got one of those jumper batteries and started it.
You could always put on the pullstart from the older models, but you might need a decompression switch in the head.

I can't see why you couldn't rig a kick start up to it. On the left side of a bike there is that bolt that turns the piston over. Put a kick start on that and hold the start button for a spark... would that work?

yeah it would deffinatly be cooler then a pull start lol. they make kick starts for the yfz's but i wish some one would make one for the 350's. id buy it in a heart beat.

It is usually no problem to push start a warrior; especially if there are two or more people.

I can't see why you couldn't rig a kick start up to it. On the left side of a bike there is that bolt that turns the piston over. Put a kick start on that and hold the start button for a spark... would that work?
You wouldn't have spark if the battery is dead would you? Or would the piston moving also cause it to produce spark like push starting? What about lights, would they still work the same as long as you had a battery in it, or would the lights dim when you let off the gas, like a shee

im pretty sure it would have spark. and it would be like a shee if you never had a battery in it because the magnito get power when it spins, the faster it spins(high revs) the more power it gets via making the lights brighter and dimmer.

Back