Cheap round carriers?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So I'm in talks with someone about building me a custom swinger, and I got thinking??
I could switch over to a banshee carrier, and the 35mm axle. Or try to find a warrior round carrier, and a g-force axle..

The catch being that there are no warrior round carriers on ebay, and if I get one from ASR it'll cost me over $200 bucks... They gotta be out their cheaper than that?
Anybody know where to find them?

How much you wanna spend? http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONESTAR-BI...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416f62011c

97 uses a YFZ carrier I believe. You can find those used for cheap.

Well that lonestar would be $220 shipped. I would like to stick to around $150 shipped.. The YFZ option is still open, but I don't want to have to modify anything...
The banshee idea keeps looking better all the time.
I can get a carrier for $100 bucks, and axle for around $200-250. The custom swinger would be the expensive part.

Mathius, I'd go with a carrier and axle off of a +06 YFZ 450. Keep an eye on kijiji or eBay for good used stuff. If you're having the swinger built anyway sprocket elinment should not be a big concern.

Here are a few reasons to go with the YFZ 450 carrier.
- larger dia then a banshee
- wider then a warrior by about 1"
- good locking nut design (has set screw in the large axle nut)
- twin piston brake caliper that works with Warrior master
- sprocket hub splines that are super tight because that are forced over a steel ring. Time will tell if it will hold up to engines like mine and yours.
- well made, factory Yamaha quality!!
- parts are all newer then 6 years old.
- SUPER easy chain adjustment with a 06+, only carrier clamping bolts 5min job.
- you can find as a unit on eBay, axle, hubs, carrier and disk.
- lots of aftermarket parts, sprocket sizes available.
- caliper is only $50 off eBay.

TOUGH FACTORY YAMAHA QUALITY!!

Yah I'm really at a toss up on what to do??
I definitely want a round carrier, but there are so many options when you go custom.. lol

One thing that Luscombe mentioned was sprocket alignment. That was a concern from the guy I was asking to build my swinger..
Can't build it on the quad, so I might end up having to do this myself.

The 06+ doesn't use a duel piston rear... only the 2012+ 700r use those.

My bad, I didn't look that closely at the one I installed on mine. It's from an 06, the caliper is just much larger then the stock warrior. The brake works great so far but that's only been on wet and dirty roads, I can skid the tires very easily.

Back