cheap gel cell battery for a raptor!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if any of you have had to get a battery for these you know how much $ it cost to get one of the short lil bastards

Nice find.

I used a YB12AA (I think) from Wally World. Had to shim it up with a little bit of foam in the well to get the terminals up above the ledge, but it works.

I'll be needing one of those gel cells when my gas powered, electric start, disc brake equipped Radio Flyer wagon project is done. Pics to follow :)

It's still in the very, very rough stages. Entire drivetrain is from one of those Chinese folding scooters. Dad whipped up the tie rod steering with small block Ford valvespring suspension up front and copper pipe dual exhaust. It still needs wheelie bars, maybe a fake 4 link, a cooler fuel cell, etc.

DSC00085.jpg

whats so good about this battery

with gell fill you never have to worry about leaking acid, you can mount them in any position (not that it matters here), its a deep cycle so it will last longer and take a recharge if its drained to low to many times.

oh yeah and its under $35!!!lol

the battery for the raptor is very short so if you want to use the hold down you will have to spend a lot more $ to get the right battery

Last edited:
I got an everstart from wally world. Holds charge just great for me. Have had it for some time now. If the quads sittin a long time, I pull it off any connectors.

that process works for me.

The rappy 350 battery that short stock?

I got an everstart from wally world. Holds charge just great for me. Have had it for some time now. If the quads sittin a long time, I pull it off any connectors.

that process works for me.

The rappy 350 battery that short stock?

Dimensions(mm) : w 150mm (6") x d 87mm (3.4375") x h 94mm (3.75")

i turn my fuel off and let it run out of gas so the fuel dont slosh out in transport and wash the oil out of my filter. but half the time i get sidetracked and forget to turn the key off

Last edited:
My WoYa needs a battery, I priced one from the Interstate guy that comes into our shop & he said $35. Not too bad I don't think. What would be the correct gel cell for the Warrior? Dammit, where's Bones, lol!?

a guy that i ride with also works for interstate and said that a battery for my rapptor was over $100 retail and he couldnt come close to what was on ebay. i couldnt find one listed for a warrior but this guy has a battery for anything!

wo-ya, if we can get some #'s as far as size goes ill help you look. all of his listings have the size listed also. he didnt have a gell cell for a raptor untill i found this one lol

so the cheaper battery original to this post will not fit in the warrior because the length is to long?

L 6" x w 3.4375 x H 3.75 raptor

L 5.31 X W 3.54 X H 6.61

Back