Chain rollers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordysoso

Reaction score
My lower roller and post are gone. I was thinking about a chain slider (like Hondas and dirtbikes) instead of a roller. Anyone done this for the lower roller? I was also thinking about the powerlip one but I figured a roller is a roller no matter how you look at it.

the power lips last though I have one on my 02 and gonna be getting one for the 01 also now that I see how good they are I have over 300 miles on the one on my 02 and it still looks like new I think Sparky is running them too

If I was gonna buy one it would be thru atv galaxy. Alex, that's just a normal roller, not the powerlip.

I am also missing my lower roller and post. I might just make one with a skateboard wheel

thats what i did bones! works like a charm! just make sure you locktite the bolt.

The lower roller and post up by the attachment point of the frame and swingarm. I read about people just putting a slider there but I also read about the powerlip. I notice my chain binding when doing donuts.

The lower roller and post up by the attachment point of the frame and swingarm. I read about people just putting a slider there but I also read about the powerlip. I notice my chain binding when doing donuts.

This is yet even more confusing, the only slider I know of goes over the swingarm, a roller is either below or above the swingarm pivot

Idk man lol I have problems with my chain catch the side of the roller and binding, which kinda got me thinkin of a slider idea. Just a slightly curved piece of material that would guide the chain as it slides over it into the correct angle.

No? Lol my idea is to replace the lower chain roller with a dirtbike chain slider. Still have it mounted in the same spot but have a slider instead of a roller. This is NOT like the slider by the rear sprocket. It looks completely different

I think that's a cool idea. Try it and let me know if it works. I might go that route

So I have another project thread... It's on! Lol ill be ordering one this week and ill post back along the way. Damn I gotta get my airbox project movin too. Thank god my finals are all tomorrow.

Back