Chain rollers?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwarriorrider

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been covered before, but has anyone tried making a chain roller out of Delrin or some other plastic like the chain guide is made out of? Those rubber ones that are stock seem useless. And what does the one on top do anyway? Is it there just as a replacement for when the bottom one shreds?

Well there are a few options out the... I have never heard of anyone making their own, but IMO the Powerlip chain rollers are the best you can get.
They have a raised center section that help to keep the chain from walking across the roller. They also have a ball bearing instead of the plastic bushing in the stock rollers. They actually call them "zero drag" rollers..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerlip-Ch...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bbc34952&vxp=mtr

you can use skateboard wheels to they are super wear resistant and cheap i know a couple od my buddies use them and their custom bikes (motorcycles) and do great.

Well there are a few options out the... I have never heard of anyone making their own, but IMO the Powerlip chain rollers are the best you can get.
They have a raised center section that help to keep the chain from walking across the roller. They also have a ball bearing instead of the plastic bushing in the stock rollers. They actually call them "zero drag" rollers..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerlip-Ch...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bbc34952&vxp=mtr
Thanks mathius, those look like the ticket!!

you can use skateboard wheels to they are super wear resistant and cheap i know a couple od my buddies use them and their custom bikes (motorcycles) and do great.
I got another box today, so hopefully I will get those nerfs out to you tomorrow. And the 12 tooth. Your gonna need it with those 25's!

I got another box today, so hopefully I will get those nerfs out to you tomorrow. And the 12 tooth. Your gonna need it with those 25's!

cool I'm looking forward to them. i got my foot wrapped around my peg yesterday by a vine it hurt like hell first time it has ever happened to me. and i'm really looking forward to that 12 up front with those 25's i think it will be fun I scored a nice 660 rear to go in there and raise the ass end a bit to so it should be cool.

Back