chain question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRK5892

Reaction score
so... i got a question... i replaced the front sprocket, and rear, put new rollers on... and i see to get alot of chain noise. i have spun it and it spins strait, is well lubed, does not bind... i am running 14T/38T rear. just was not sure if a good amount of chain noise (sounds like it is swirling at the front sprocket) is normal or not... just wanted to ask or see if i should check anything

ooh i also used a warrrior front sprocket and i have a Raptor 350 motor... not sure that wold change anyting

Check to see if the chain is rubbing on the rear chain guide. My chain rubs against that and makes some noise from that. Also chains make some noise regardless of rubbing on anything or not.

ooh i also used a warrrior front sprocket and i have a Raptor 350 motor... not sure that wold change anyting

Thats fine there the same motor.. The chain will make some noise if its a non oring chain they will be nosier too..

the swing arm roller looked to be in great shape it is rolling smooth, the sound appears to be coming from the front sprocket but it rolls super smooth.

the swing arm roller looked to be in great shape it is rolling smooth, the sound appears to be coming from the front sprocket but it rolls super smooth.

what rear shock are you running? Mine did the same thing you are talking about after i put on Weston's rollers with the 660 rear they wear in and stop making so much noise after a bit. I had a thread going about it to cause i had no idea what was going on. Hope this helps.

I am running a 350 raptor shock in back

Not sure if the rappy shock is any longer then the stock warrior. With new rollers I'm sure it is just the chain rubbing the fresh rollers and is nothing to worry about. Do me a favor and have your wife snap a few pics of the chain while you are sitting on it. Your weight changes the geometry of the chain a bit that you can't see while off the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will snap the pic... i replaced the front sprocket with new, the rear one was used (still in great shape not worn was only run for about 8 hours) the chain was not slack and had almost no wear marks at all on it. i know when you do sprockets you should do chain. i was just not 100% if i wanted to stick with the 14/38 set up or go to a 13/40 set up on it... once i decide i will order a new chain combo for it.

That's probley what's creating the noise. The chain and sprocket will not match up because they wear with each other.

Back