chain question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o ring is less maintenance last longer than non-o ring
and X ring is a little better than o ring by means of keeping the lubrication in longer and lubing better

how many different rings do they have for chains?
and explain each cause I've heard of o-ring,x-ring,non o-ring but not t-ring?

how many different rings do they have for chains?
and explain each cause I've heard of o-ring,x-ring,non o-ring but not t-ring?
A t-ring is an x-ring chain.. It's just a fancy one.. lol

The only real difference between o-ring chains, and x-ring chains is the seal. On an o-ring the seal is round, on an x-ring it's shaped like an x.. (The seal is still round. But like if you were to cut it in half, and look at the cut away it would be an x, or an o, some are even square)
The x supposedly seals better. But I dunno..
It's all a bunch of hoopla to me.. lol

And of course non o-ring chains have no contained lubrication, and are open to dirt, and moisture.. They don't last very long, and create a lot of drag on your sprockets.

maybe they should make a STAR ring lmfao!!!
that will really be good hey? JK

an Octagon-ring
Sorry I'm just having some fun with this I spent to much time in the sun today lol

an Octagon-ring
Sorry I'm just having some fun with this I spent to much time in the sun today lol
Lol.. I hear ya man. It's finally raining here after a 2 week heat wave.
But I think the seal shape is kind of a pointless gimmick, I don't see point if messing with the seals.
The design of the chain itself is what makes the most difference..

Just a thought that popped into my head just now would it be possible to do belt drive wouldn't that be less friction and no maintenance except tightening. Yay Nay???

lol then you will have a Polaris lmao :)
My 96 Scrambler 400, has 3 chains on it.. The drive belt is a pain in the arse too.

And to answer the question, I believe the possibility of slippage chases most people away from belts.. Plus they really don't last very long.

Here I found this cut away photo.. I thought I would share it with you guys..
xringoring.jpg

OK so it's still a o-ring but the shape of the rubber is a t or x shape now it all makes sense I was thinking a little different if I could draw on my screen I would show you what I was thinking or maybe you already know lol

Back