Chain and Sprocket selection

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar1

Reaction score
So I'm due for a new chain and both sprockets. What do you all use? Are the ebay specials worth anything? Probably will stay with stock gear ratio.

Im running Renthal sprockets, not sure of the chain though. My sprockets still look new and Im do for a chain replacement, so Im gonna be watching this myself. Im thinking of getting an x-ring(Im pretty sure thats what its called, kinda tired right now!! LOL).

I got a o-ring chain from Psychomotogear on ebay, and it snapped! (definitely avoid no name chains on ebay)
But there are some good deals on sprockets on there. JT sprockets are good, but their not really any cheaper than the Renthal ones. DID chains are among the best chains out there IMO.

Im running Renthal sprockets, not sure of the chain though. My sprockets still look new and Im do for a chain replacement, so Im gonna be watching this myself. Im thinking of getting an x-ring(Im pretty sure thats what its called, kinda tired right now!! LOL).

same boat its time!

And X-rings are supposed to do even better than the standard oring chain, because of the shape of the Xring is an X shaped oring. More surface area sealing it up.

Don't get a renthal non oring.... those snap..

Spend the money and get renthal, jt, or primary drive steel sprockets and a rk xring chain. Problem solved.

I got one them blue chains off ebay an I have rode on it pretty hard like 3 times an seems to be done already.any recommendations for a lengthy durable replacement an where to buy?

Tex, I got a JT o-ring and JT sprockets from amazon brother and I think it will be a nice long lasting chain/sprocket combo for what I need. I wanna say like 50 or 60 shipped for all 3 pieces, bought seperately but all on amazon...It kinda just depends on personal preference and history with certain companies and the application your using your quad for.

Back