CHADWICK, MO 02/23/08

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munt

Reaction score
CHADJUMP.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

Here is my local spot to ride. Mark Twain National forrest, Chadwick, MO. This was a good time :)

WALMART specials - carlisle badlands 20" (had for 3 years now nothing but great tires, no joke)
fronts are duro i1211 21"

hey man, where in missouri do you live? im in willard and love going to chadwick. i havent been in a while though. is it rutted out bad now? maybe we can get together and ride sometime. later!

yeah i'm in springfield, we go maybe once a month or so, there is no weather that is too bad (unless a monsoon happens) as far as a good place to ride there is alot of shelf rock and somewhere around 1500 acres (my best guess) you can ride all day and not touch the same trail twice (no joke) off camber and rock/hill climbs for days plus great scenery and camping (this is in dept. of the interior lands)

ps - there are some TT events, very hairy stuff

i dont believe they have xc, I go there about 5-6 times per year, it has some scary trails

oh yeah they should totally have xc events but there is something like 125 miles of trails so it would be kind of hard to rope off a good course. i didnt know about any TT events though. when and where do they do those? by the way munt, where in springfield do you live? pm me and let me know. ive got some land in willard off of 13 that we could dick around on. if i could ever get a good tractor with a backhoe out here i could make some killer jumps. pm me. later.

Well for xc races they dont rope them off they just put arrow on trees for where to go. I think they should do some, i would talk to the owner if i was you guys. They can bring in a pretty big profit from some races if they promote it.

well i knew that they just put up arrows for the xc races, i was just saying that i think it would be hard to mark out a course there since its such a large area and a lot of it is tight trails where you couldnt pass someone. i would like to see some xc races there though. im sure they would be pretty fun/scary! well gotta go. later.

kinda not sure about talking to the owner, that would be you and me. National forest land. they rate the trails there like ski slopes - black (hard) - green (easy) - blue (med.) but terrain changes with eroision and riding so marked slopes 5 yrs. ago can now be more difficult. Ive been riding for the most part of my life and this place is def. the best kept secret in riding. my brother who lives in Yuma, AZ (Glamis) thinks it is they holy grail in rocky woods riding.

hells ya it is the holy grail of rocky woods riding! if you arent careful this place can chew you up and spit you out without thinking twice. munt, im sure you will testify to that. have you been on any of the black trails? a friend and i got lost around strawberry ridge once and ended up on an uphill black trail and nowhere to turn around, so e had to just pin it and go for it. scary crap! well, once again im at work so ive gotta go. later yall.

I wouldnt say there that bad....try wellsville or the hatfield macoy trail systems. You make a wrong turn at either of those places and your going down a mountain and your most likly dead.

Nice I wanna go riding so bad it's killing me, Jersey became nazi's against atvs and now I'm a bit worried.

damn dave, that sucks. you should move to southwest missouri! lol its a good place to live though if you like riding trails. at least we dont have all the emissions crap like california! im sure atvs can get around it a bit since its not a highway vehicle but they probably still put restrictions on them. well just something to think about if you ever want to move. we would be glad to have ya. well i gotta go to class. later yall!

Back