Cdi boxes?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what the best cdi box is? Ive been looking at the one moose makes but I thought id get your guys opinions first since you probably know more than i do

Could I program the dynatek myself and also I may be intrested in a air scoop could I see some pictures or do you have some on one of the fourms?

Yes you can program it if you can find one and if you buy the kit to hook it to your computer. I have a thread in the for sale section for the scoops and theres some close ups of the ones I made for my warrior in my rebuild thread.

The problem with most aftermarket CDI's for warriors is that they add a rev limiter. Warriors never came with one stock and they put the rev limiter low enough that your almost guaranteed to hit it. Besides that most are just relabeled Procoms, which are junk.

Hold on 98 how many cdis have you tried? Ive never heard anything bad against the procoms of late. I run a RM stator cdi and I can deffinently feel a change. Ive heard alot of mixed things about the dyna from the rev limit to it will kill spark on decell, the RM has no rev limits no reverse rev limit, nothing.

Thats my opinion. Ive only ran OEM and this RM

well see i didnt think they had one but some ppl i have talk to say they do. iv just started buiting my warrior an i am new to this site im sure you know that already. im looking for good tips on buiting it as powerful as i can.

I think that the warriors after 01' had them? I'm sure that I've heard them tach out in exhaust clips? But it could just been the rider feathering the throttle..

they might have i dont know, i know every honda iv been around as very low red limiters.

No yfm350 in stock ignition timing has a rev limiter 87-12 none. Only thing that can cause a tack out is improper jetting or some aftermarket cdi boxes.

If your new to this, look into suspension first. Its easy to build it fast. Its the control thats key.

well my bikes all shocks what socks do you think works good with the warrior myself i like stock shocks there just so bad about blowing out on me. an 2nd im looking for mostly bottom end what size tires work good for that im running razers 22 right now an i think they are WHY to big.

get 20's
and if on a budget a set of Banshee shocks or Banshee fronts and a 01 Raptor 660 rear that will help smooth out your ride

ok that sounds like what ill have to do, when i got the bike it had a 20 on one side an a 22 on the other i would not ever ride it like that bc of it pulling so bad i new it would eat the rear end up like that so thats why it has the 22 balled razers haha it was all i had:tdown:

I'm a big fan of the HLS shocks. The fronts can be found reasonably priced on ebay.
These are the proper length for a warrior. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Rapt...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3ccd3d3150
You can also get remote rezzies for them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HLS-Works-S...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cca2e5049

The banshee, or 660 rears are good choices to. The 660 rears can be found dirt cheap... Plus you can get a "works" dual rate kit for the 660 rear. (kind pricey though)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YFM6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0e7b1ec2&vxp=mtr

haha im takin notes. thats really alot of help what do you think about the wheeel spacers they sell i want it more stable but dont have a arm an rear axle money

flush mount valve stems and flip the rims way cheaper and ya get the same if not more width

Back