CDI Box Problem?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCassell

Reaction score
Alright guys here is what's up. After spending countless hours on the warrior, I decided to take it to a mechanic (don't fuss at me). The warrior would turn over about 10 times then finally start up. When it started, it would not open up all the way and would run like 25 mph topped out in 6th gear so I thought it was a carb issue. The mechanic cleaned the carb, put it in time, checked the starter coil and stator and is still doing the same thing. He said it could be the CDI Box. What do you guys think?

Alright guys here is what's up. After spending countless hours on the warrior, I decided to take it to a mechanic (don't fuss at me). The warrior would turn over about 10 times then finally start up. When it started, it would not open up all the way and would run like 25 mph topped out in 6th gear so I thought it was a carb issue. The mechanic cleaned the carb, put it in time, checked the starter coil and stator and is still doing the same thing. He said it could be the CDI Box. What do you guys think?

Yes It could be I used a mig welder on my gf moto4 and It did the same thing it would cut out and it was CDI but you can have them tested at a bike shop..

Oh yeah I also forgot to say that out of the 10 times it would turn over, it would only get spark once and that's when it would fire up

test the coils in the stator... im guessing source coil is junk... tow it with another 4 wheeler and pop the clutch if it fires up quick that's another sign of a spent source coil

Back