Case Splitting Tools?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikewarrior350

Reaction score
so im going to be splitting the cases to swap out a bad crank soon and im wondering if i really need the proper case splitting and crank install tools. I really dont have a problem buying them to do it right but even the tusk brand tools are $60 each. pretty much just curious if anyone had changed a crank without the tools and how hard it would be without them.

a Flywheel puller is your best friend lol, it makes life ALOTT easier, it was a bitchhhhhh getting mine off!! and its only like 30$

i already have a flywheel puller for that reason. im curious how tightly the crank bearings are pressed into the cases cause getting them off is gonna be the hardest part of changing them.

You don't need tools except a rubber hammer and a wrench set if uve got the flywheel puller just be jental when knocking the bearing out and make sure you don't. Get them crooked they arnt pressed in verry tight

^ what he said. When i split the one motor i had for the crank it came apart no problem once all the bolts were removed.

thanks guys. i had some free time today so i tore my spare bottom end apart and buying the tools would have been a complete waste of money cause like you guys said it litterally fell apart once the bolts were out. now i gotta get the gaskets and i can swap the crank into the good motor before it completely granades the rod bearing

when splitting the cases to swap the crank do the tranny gears stay in place, so you can just swap the crank and bolt back together?

Normally the shifting drum dosent want to slide out and it can pull all the forks ound and pull a washer outta place on the back set of gears

Back