Case drilled oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3504life

Reaction score
I know there is a thread for the case taped oil cooling but I couldn't find instructions. And is there a big difference between the big bear and case cooling? I kinda have all the parts for the big bear kit, but I broke the cap that the hoses go into. And I would like to do the shift mod but not a lot of cutting/welding. So what's the best method?. Thanks

Sounds like the clutch cover mod will be your best bet. I like the bigbear setup for its simplicity and being a bolt on part. But they say the clutch cover mod cools the head better ( i think)

Its actually pretty simple to do, if you follow the instructions in the thread its almost impossible to mess up. But like elwood siad, just pick up a spare from ebay so you have very little down time.

yeah just don't forget what size to tap the hole. If you sspend 5hrs polishing a cover and then drill it to big and mess it up you will be mad trust me.

I have another cover in the garage think I paid about 12 shipped for it, just haven't gotten around to tapping it (still debating on polishing it) cooler and hoses are hanging on the wall by it.

I keep debating on polishing the one I have tapped, but then I think to look good I should polish the valve covers and cam cover.

Back