carrier problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV98YFM350

Reaction score
I have a carrier apart about to replace the bearings and find out the inner sleeve has moved out of center and off to the rotor side. So I try and beat it back in place with a BIG socket, to no avail. Currently it has been sitting overnight on a 30 ton press soaking in penetrating oil. How can I get this sleeve back to the middle? Other than a little heat, I am out of ideas. All help and theory appreciated.

I don't think anyone has any idea what you are talking about to tell you the truth. Post a pic

I dunno, I just didn't use it. Where the bearing seats in the carrier, there is a lip on the inside. Somehow the lip in this particular carrier has moved and the bearing wont fit on one side(rotor hub side). I assume its just junk because we couldn't budge it with the press.
Guess I will be looking for an aftermarket carrier and axle for the rebuild on partzilla...

That sleeve is rusted to the axle, and it needs to free float from side to side so the bearings space out properly. Get it freed up, clean it up and grease it well so it does not happen again. Add a zerk fitting to the carrier and pack it full of grease. Getting ready to do this to my Raptor. I'm getting a squeak from the carrier, and am going to add the fitting and pack it with grease. I'll bet the bearings are going dry, and I caught it before any damage occurred. I used a stethoscope to find out where the squeak was coming from as soon as it happened. I have no play in the axle at this point. Hope it fixes the problem.

I have a 2nd gen GS4. Alex if I could I would! My phone went swimming with tha fishes and I dont have a camera. Im pretty sure its junk so I am just going to hold off and see what I can find...But luckily the other one was the same so I have one warrior up and running again (first time since memorial day lol) But the other I will just rebuild n take my time...

after looking again, the carrier was mushroomed flat to the caliper mount(which is why I couldnt fit a bearing in it). Anyone ever hear of that?

Well then i may have to take pics, just for you lol!

Back