Carnage to my truck :(

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Because of this my motor biuld is gonna have to wait a little while longer, though if I get a deal on some parts maybe sooner. There is supposed to be the bearing and race separating. Also the pinion gear is melted in 2 pieces. Heres pics of the carnage:

IMG_20110608_094842.jpg

IMG_20110608_180626.jpg

IMG_20110608_180546.jpg

IMG_20110608_164154.jpg

It got low on fluid and I didnt know it. Bearing froze, heated the pinion gear to the point it was red hot and it sheared off like someone cut it with a torch. Luckily all that got hurt is what is pictured.

Yea thank god nothing else is effed. Rear end gear set is still good? I have seen a pinion get all red hot and bend not shear

Holy **** dude, seeing this makes me need to go check my rear end oil. The driveshaft didn't fall out and send you off the road did it?

I was in town, just pulling in to my moms house when it let go. So I got to coast to a parking spot.

3504life the pinion gear is shot, but I found an entire center section at a salvage yard for $150. Which is most of my warrior motor biuld fund, but getting the truck rolling agian is more important.

Wow that was lucky going at a good speed good have been more carnage if not worse. This is one of those things got to keep stuff maintained and keep a check on stuff. Now just the hassle of taking out the old parts and putting the new or used parts in.

Wow that was lucky going at a good speed good have been more carnage if not worse. This is one of those things got to keep stuff maintained and keep a check on stuff. Now just the hassle of taking out the old parts and putting the new or used parts in.

Ya I have been trying to keep up on basic maintenance, but there was no indication that something was wrong.

ohhh this sucks. I hate the smell of burnt gear oil!!! if thats a 10 bolt chevy rearend i hope the pinion races didnt spin in the housing. if they did you are done and will need a entire axle. after they seize and spin they egg the housing and they wont hold new races. 150 ischeapfor an entire third member,but if thats only the guts look at the housing very well for damage. oops. !!:(

Its a Ford Super Duty and that bearing after looking at it more was still turning until it cooled down. My brother warned be about that to. As for the center section, ya thats the entire thing.

Agh. I noticed the seal in my diff went out a few days ago. Best believe I replaced it asap.

Couldn't you feel the rear getting tough?

Don't think you would be able to feel anything till it let go, no way to really know till its done.

Sorry to hijack, but I saw this thread, and figured I should post this pic of this Raptor 660.
WillyKiller.jpg

WillyKiller1.jpg

^DAMN, how long did that fucktard run it with the broken valve?

Don't think you would be able to feel anything till it let go, no way to really know till its done.

My fluid leaked out and I swear I could tell a very minor difference.

Sorry to hijack, but I saw this thread, and figured I should post this pic of this Raptor 660.
WillyKiller.jpg

WillyKiller1.jpg

No problem man Ive been thinking about turning this into a general carnage thread anyhow.

On a note towards my truck, pick up bearings and oil seal today. Wont be able to pick up the gears til monday.

Back