carburetor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
what are the screws on this thing made of...they strip soo easily. i stripped the one on the top of the slide..the one that is really hard to get to. im at a loss now...but i do have one question

1. my warrior use to run fine but then one day it started sputtering at the top end. its a fuel delivery problem. nothing was ever added or taken away from (performance parts) it just stoppped running correctly one day. now i have taken off the carb, taken it apart and cleaned everything with this stuff called Gumout. i put the carb back on and it started up fine as long as i set the idle high. but someone told me that it called be a problem with the float...is this it? how do you adjust the float. when i rode it, (after re-installing the carb) i took it about 3 miles and then it died while i was stopped and then it restarted after about 30 seconds and then it died again after about another mile.

any help would be greratly appreciated. thx in advance

there should be a spec in your manual, you bend the tab on the float to a certain measurement

ok i checked and i guess its in spec...but i have another question.

in the float bowl there is a piece of metal

carburetor-1.jpg

is it supposed to move up and down when the throttle is pulled...i dont know if this makes any sense but maybe someone ca help me

ya and i have stretched the spring but it doesnt seem to want to move very easily in the slot or w/e

also i checked the intake where the carb is attached to the cyclinder and it was wet with gas and it had black crust inside. is that a problem or is that normal?

that thing your pointing to is the accelerator pump, it doesnt move much, just a little bit. for the black crust, its probably dirt/dust thats getting through the filter. what kind of filter is on the machine? if its a k&n, it will allow more dirt to pass unless you clean and oil it regularly. if you dont like the maintenance, get a foam filter like a uni and you can go farther in between cleanings. you dont want that crap getting on the valves, cylinder, etc, it will just start to mess things up.

i guess its too late then...time to have it rebuilt because its been awhile since it was cleaned...and its a uni air filter

Back