carburetor problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
i just took the carb off the bike to see if i could clean it and i found that the screws on the bottom (i assume its where the float bowl and everything are located) have been stripped. now i dont know much about carburetors but it cam off of a 1997 warrior and i was wondering if A.)there was a way to drill them out and replace them or B.) if im gonna have to buy a new carburetor. that would suck considering that im broke. any help would be great. thanks in advance

Either use an easy out(probably too small a screw though), a small pair of vise grips(get a good grip and twist) or tap a screw driver with a hammer into the screws and they will bite(this works really well), or if u have a dremmel and cutoff disk make a new slot in the screw. Then take the screws to a hardware store and I'm sure they will fiind what u need for about 30 cents. If not let me know I have 2 spare carbs!

ya, cot slots or try vise grips the buy new screws or swap the them with the ones on the side cover over the accelerator pump

ya only the heads are stripped. i had used a philips head socket thingy and the screws broke it so they are in there pretty tight. what can i use to loosen them?

Once you get them out, or if you decide to get a different carb go to www.jetsrus.com and order the stainless allen head bowl screws, they are worth every penny. I switched to them after I stripped the heads on those shitty phillip head screws. By the way i used vise grips to get them out. The allen head screws are a godsend!!

does anyone know where to get a new/good condition used carb for cheap...i need one that isnt goin to give me any more problems

at this point i dont have enough for an edelbrock and i dont really want to spend too much so i would say around 150-200 bucks

Back