carbs/jets and model years..??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynxgen

Reaction score
So I finaly got all my parts in, so tommorrow I plan to rip open and re-assmble her.
Stage 1 hotcam, gaskets, cam sprocket & hardware etc etc

however, I picked up a jet kit for her today. My warriors a 92, (from what I understand/was told/so far as I know.. lol)

On the package for the jet kit, it says for 93-9X years. Sooo...

whats the deal...? Take her back and get a different/proper one Im assuming... ? or is it simply nothing... kinda thing?

its a mikuni carb.

I'll swing by and ask em tommorrow I guess, just wanted your guys n gals 2 cents on it.

Thanks in advance!

as long as its the stock carb it will work. The carbs are pretty much the same, its just that 92 and older used a dual cable setup, in 93 they switched to a single.

I believe that was the only differences between the carbs.

But how much did that jet kit run you? You could probably go and buy all the jets you'd need themselves and spend under $20

Deuce said:
as long as its the stock carb it will work. The carbs are pretty much the same, its just that 92 and older used a dual cable setup, in 93 they switched to a single.

I believe that was the only differences between the carbs.

But how much did that jet kit run you? You could probably go and buy all the jets you'd need themselves and spend under $20

I got the jet kit for 50$ (Canadian)
The stickers indicated it started out about 80$, and then got marked down twice... lol

As for the kit vs individual jets, I would just like to have the kit, and not have to worry about it, especialy if I start guessing and testing.. I have no idea whats in there now with the supertrapp and K&N filter, and now tommorrow i'll be tossing in that cam.

But also, was supposed to be going ona houseboat trip for a wek up in the mountains, but then some people backed out, ($5000 total for the boat and all.. lol) Now tentatively a camping trip to the mountains instead is being arranged, in which case, I know theres some atv trails and stuff out there, *Wink wink nudge*

Also, the boss was talking about a quading trip out to the mountains sometime in august, and Id totaly hit that if I can reserve some funds for it.

He usualy goes out once or twice a year quading, and 2-3times out sledding and has lots of other people that go and stuff, they all know the good and fun places to hit n all.

at any rate, I'd like to have the jets on hand for when I get out there. I suspect I'll have to change em just being there, and then I have no idea what elevations they'll be riding to and all.

Im slowly figuring out what all tools I need to start packing with me n such.. lol

anyone pack a small batch of tools in the air box? seems to me theres plenty of spare room/volume in there, and it would be fine to hold a small secured bundle of insurance....

EDIT:
And yeah, I know for sure mine has the dual throttle cable.. havent much looked into that, maybe I should before I get that twist throttle kit for her.. could turn out being something sketchy if they dont distinguish such a thing at the store I been going to.

(I realy only have one the one option here, otherwise its quite a drive n all..)

They're not specificaly a Yamaha dealership, but I think its their primary brand, along with suzukies and articat. A bit of others as well, or at least the expensive ones, not el-cheap-o brands.

Maybe I should bust into my carb and check/compare, but I dont wanna break open the kit if I end up having to return it.. lol

Back