Carb Vent tube and accelerator pump question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyno

Reaction score
Salt on the left, Mormons on the right, Yup, "This
I tore apart my carb, found the accelerator pump rod was bent. If I remember correctly, a magazine article suggested slightly bending the pump arm to get more stroke travel. The way that I positioned it will be on the opposite side, minimizing stroke travel. Maybe tomorrow I can ride it and tell if it is correct.

Does anybody else remember this? Any opinions?

There is also a vent on the top of the air entrance side, of the carb. Can someone refer me to where this is supposed to be routed? Or can I just cap it?

The jets were 157.5 and 42.5.

I dropped the sizing to 137.5 and 40. I moved the JesusClip to the 2nd position from the top of the needle. The lowest that I ride is 3000 ft, and that's not very often. (4500 - 7000ft) 80% of the time.

Stock exhaust and UNI Filter. Indexed Plug.

Thanks..... Rhyno

Last edited:
It should only have a 3"ish hose that points towards the front of the bike, and sits under the fuel tank and it''s shroud.

It should only have a 3"ish hose that points towards the front of the bike, and sits under the fuel tank and it''s shroud.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it a vent, similar to an axle housing vent, on a car or truck? The "Mr. Excess" side of my personality, wants to put some kind of sand or dirt block on it.

If you cap it, will it cause any performance issues?

-Rhyno

Oh yes it will. That vent, I wanna say there are 2, goes directly to the float bowl. As fuel in the bowl is used air has to make it's way into the bowl. If not it will have suction and won't allow fuel to enter the pilot or main circuts. It's like sucking soda into a drinking straw and plugging one end (the top) with your finger, what happens? No soda comes out, it stays in the straw because of suction. Now take your finger off and the all the soda will drain out of it. Same principal applies to the carb. Just put 3-4" of vaccuum hose on it and tuck in under the fuel tank and you'll be fine.

Back