carb rebuild kits suck!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michiganrider

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the carb from my '95. My rebuild kit didn't come with the rubber boot for the Accelerator pump plunger. Its the small rubber piece that snaps into the carb body under the float bowl.
Does anyone know where I can find the rubber boot?

They should at least give you the rubber boot with the kit. Because you have to buy all three pieces and it ended up costing me $40 after taxes and everything. Seen it for $26 through Seattle Motorsports but $13 shipping! You can ship that for a $1. What a ripoff. I would rather give my local dealer the buisness.

After ordering a acclerator pump kit and rebuilding my carb, here is the conclusion.
The Warrior ran better then ever, for about a 1/2 tank of gas. I shut it off numerous times and let it cool completely (still breaking it in) and it would always start and idle fantastic. Then it started running poorly, stumbled, stalled, etc. Seemed like it wasn't getting gas. I pulled the drain plug out of the float bowl and nothing! After I hit the side of the bowl a few times I got a few drips & a slow drizzle. Do you think the float stuck closed? What could of caused this? Now I need to take the float bowl off again. ugh!

did you replace the needle and seat? i assume so, so now i will blame crude in your gas tank... thats what mine did... there was this fine "sand" that got between the needle and the brass side of the seat that stuck it shut and open various times before i got pissed and bought a new one

Back