Carb Re-jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo

Reaction score
Do you have rejet the carb when you put on a aftermarket exhaust. How do you know if it does, or do you just do it and see if makes it better? If I take off the airbox cover and remove the stock filter, it will idle but as soon as you give it gas it dies. Does this sound right, I thought it would rev betterfaster/ with less restriction at the airbox? I am trying to get better throttle response. That is what I am looking for, I would never run it without an air filter, but someone suggested cutting holes in the air box............

If it is doing that I would say you need to rejet to a larger main jet. you can tell by looking at the spark plug after some wide open runs. black=to rich, white=to lean, tanish=just right. you usually do have to rejet after putting on an aftermarket pipe.

I put a pro-circuit t-4 pipe on my bike and it was running good w/o re jetting, but there was still a noticeable power difference, I just put in an aftermarket air filter, and took the lid off, and it is running horrible. Now I'm working on re-jetting the carb :S

My plug is black around the edge, but not so much in the middle, just a little white around the edges where the spark is???? Does this mean anything?

idk what to say about your jetting then, its kinda weird that it has black with the white. try to put a larger main jet in or moving the needle up one clip. and see if that makes a difference.

Back