Carb questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontilgon

Reaction score
I just picked up a warrior but it was left outside over this winter uncovered. All was good prior to the winter.
I'm looking to rebuilt my carb. I have two carbs the original a used one. Both identical. When I took them both apart,one had a brown bowl on the main jet and the other didn't. Is this an important piece? I cleaned the used carb with hopes I didn't have to rebuilt .She cranked right up and idled perfectly but when I gave it throttle she just kept bogging. The airbox was off and in could see fuel lightly spraying out. Any help would be great.i do have a repair kit and will attempt to do it myself after reading a couple of DIY post.

Any word on why it's bogging out yet? Mine started doing the same thing. Idles like a champ, but as soon as you throttle it, it dies.

The jets are probably clogged.

Take it all apart get 2 cans of carb cleaner and clean it all up, make sure you spray the cleaner through ALL THE HOLES real good. (that’s why I say 2 cans of cleaner)

Good 2 part video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Ao6WiQ7zM

Last edited:
Thanks Sea157 I'll try that when I get off work, hope it works this thing has become a pain in my backside

Check your fuel flow through your petcock and make sure the floats aren't stuck and gas cap vent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

So I disconnected the parking brake switch and I actually get throttle response now. Calling quits for tonight but I will get everything together tomorrow and report back.

Always those damn safety switches
if all else fails ditch the safety switches! Lol

As soon as I get out of work today , I'll be working on this project. I also have a new intake to install.I hope this is the problem.What type of oil should be used on the upper slide.

Back