carb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil red s-10

Reaction score
okay guys i got my carb tuned righ and it runs awsome but i dont likt the throtel response is there amything i can do to help it out i climbed on my buddies z400 (i know its abigger quad)but as soon as i hit the gas it was there not on mine like where ther is a tiny like wait and then the powers there i catch myself nosing in jumps because of it i have to hit the gas sooner rather than at the base of the jump im searching for and eldie carb but wanted to know if there was anything i can do to the stock one to help it while i continue searching

thanks,jordan

Accelerator spring mod? Clean air filter. Throttle cable cleaned and lubbed. (Slack?) New spark plug. Clutch adjusted good. Chain slack right. Filter in peacock valve in gas tank clean. All free minus the spark plug.

Put a valve stem cap on the top of the accel pump rod. This limits the gap between the arm and rod to a few thousandths, fom nearly an 1/8". Faster it acuates the better the throttle responce.

now i have heard of this but where is the acc pump at is it behind the cover that the thrott cab le goes in ??

Yes it is. You have to remove that and you can get at the pump. Just depress the rod using a mini needle nose pliers (or something just as small) then slip the cap over top of it. You may have to lossen or remove the float bowl to do it, but I'm pretty certain it can be done without doing that.

Back