carb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_1339.jpg

100_1337.jpg

update, I went thru the carb again, blew out the idle jet because it has some crap in there, took a piece of wire and ran it thru a few times and some brake clean, put it all back together and it fires right up like a new bike. but the intake hicup is still there. it has perfect throttle response but back fires alittle coming back down from the rev. I am fixin to move this comming weekend so I am going to check the valves and such next week. hopefully thats what it is.

the backfire coming down is the pilot/ fuel screw... i fixed most of mine yesterday with just the fuel screw.... turn it out

out, for more fuel, but you dont have much wiggle room... supposedly if you get around 3 turns you should change the pilot jet... i found my sweet spot around 2 3/4

Cool thanks I will check out out. I was thinking maybe a stuck valve for the hicup into the intake.

eh maybe... if it doesnt seem too often or too bad i would be tempted to run it and see how it runs in general... it might fix itself or you might end up fixing it without even trying (when you fix something else)

it does it pretty often, sittin at idle does it every few seconds or so. I may ride it up and down the street and see how it does. I just dont want to bend a valve or something. I am getting a compression checker as well today from a buddy to check and see what it is at, if its really low then I will plan on a rebuild and worry about the valves then.

I just rode it up the street and back just to kinda see what it would do, damit that thing hauls ass. it still has the hicup but I didnt run it really that long. but wow its very throttle responsive and runs pretty good !

sweet! im guessing its probably a little lean if you think its hauling more ass than you think it should.... your real close i would say.... im not sure if a plug would really affect idle (generally they seem to break up at high rpms) but you might wanna try a different one

It has a brand new one in there. I might not get to the compression check today as expected but it started right up to move it to the back yard and out of the trailer, ran like a champ, hopefully the valve just needs adjusted and such then on to the little things but thats simple. (I hope)

Back