Carb question now that it is rolling again...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeVW

Reaction score
I've got it back together, I replaced a box full of parts... it rolls nice and smooth now and feels good with new handle bars, grips, clutch, sprockets, chain, bearings, seals, chain guides and rollers, and a new set of tires.:iagree:

I still have a vibration in the engine somewhere. It isn't the clutch, or at least the clutch replacement didn't fix it anyway.
I'll find it one day I suppose, I'm going to stop worrying about it.

I feel it at idle and not all the time, but when I do it is like a rapid vibration or shuddering.... rocking the bike left and right makes it occur.

My question now is with the carb.... if I nail the throttle form idle it will die if I hold it open.
I found the problem when stabbing the throttle from idle in 1st trying to pull the front wheels up. It just wants to die when I do. If I let off real quick once I hear it start to stall, it'll catch again and stay running.

If I open the throttle just a little more slowly from idle, it is fine. Stab it and it wants to die. If I stab it and just hold it open, it does die, with no backfire, just bloomp and done.

Accelerator spring?
Coasting enricher?

I think I will buy a carb rebuild kit for it, and rebuild it but I'd like to know what others think it might be?

Mid and top end it feels strong to me, and from idle it is strong if you ease into the throttle a bit, but stabbing it fast will make it stall, at least when barely rolling in 1st.

Oh, tires were a new set of CST Ambush, cheap chinese tires from Cheng Shin (they make Maxxis tires) but in the 5 minutes I spent on the trails with them, I like them. The fronts grab very well and have made riding more enjoyable... I hate when the front pushes in the corners. Hopefully 2-ply won't lead to a bunch of punctures.

try turning up the idle a hair, idle should be around 1500rpm, if it fixes great if not turn it back to where it was and let us know

Accelerator pump circuit partially clogged.
The circuit has tiny orfices, both in the bowl and the brass outlet itself.
Soak, clean, use tiny stainless wire to clear if necessary and clean again.
Remove the pilot jet and do the same to its circuit as well while you're there. It's just as tiny.
Also check for leaking/torn intake manifold.

Last edited:
My bets the air fuel mix screw if you back it out in half round incraments that meay fix it or it may be accel pump clogged

Back