Carb Q's

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
OK two things: When I hit the throttle really fast it just bogs. and the other question is, isn't it if a short blast of fire shoot's out the exhaust the carb is to rich?

sounds to me that it is to lean if it is boging down when hittng the throttle fast and its back fireing out the carb not getting enought fuel open the fuel mixture screw up a bit and see if it gets better

no...the further the screw is out the further the needle is out of the carb...farther out allows more air and less gas turning it in will bring the needle closer and therefore there will be more gas, (riching it)

ok i might be wrong but I was looking at my carb today and the more you turn the screw in the more it pushes up on the piece the throttle cable pulls there for the more in it is the more open the throtle in (richer)

sounds to me that it is to lean if it is boging down when hittng the throttle fast and its back fireing out the carb not getting enought fuel open the fuel mixture screw up a bit and see if it gets better

He said it is back firing out the exhaust.

no...the further the screw is out the further the needle is out of the carb...farther out allows more air and less gas turning it in will bring the needle closer and therefore there will be more gas, (riching it)

It's not the same as adjusting the edelbrocks - the fuel screw on the stock carb is richer when you back it out.

I was shooting 6 inch blue flames out the exhaust for a while, and it was because it was too lean. If the fuel screw is out 4 turns and still popping first you should check for leaks in your intake and exhaust, then if everything is good there then go up a size or two on the pilot jet.

Back