CARB Problem Help ASAP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandrat

Reaction score
I just got the bike out of the garage for the first time this year, did all the usuall (new gas, oil, spark plug, clean air filter, grease zerks, chain, ect). Ans as soon as I turn the tank petcock valve to on, the carb starts leaking fuel right out of the bottom overflow hose ? It started right up and run's fine, but it is leaking fuel (slow stream) out of that damn hose? WTF ? maybe the float valves stuck in the carb ? I need this thing ready to go by this weekend, PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, this bike is an 2006 and is still in GREAT condition, always garaged and maintained.

Sounds like you already know the answer, the float valve is stuck open. The only way to find out why is to take it apart. You can tap on the bottom of the carb with the handle of a screwdriver or something like that and see if it frees it up and stops running, but most likely that will only put a band-aid on the problem and not keep it from sticking again.

When you take it apart look for debris in the bowl, make sure the floats aren't saturated (full of gas), and make sure there aren't any rough edges at the seams were the bowl and carb body come together, any rough edge there is a potential place for the float to get hung up.

If everything looks good externally, take the floats and needle valve out and make sure they're in good condition, and there isn't any dirt anywhere. Blow out all the associated passages with compressed air.

Once you take the needle valve out you'll have to set the float height again, if you don't know how to do this let us know and someone will help you from there.

Thats what first came to mind, I will get it out this evening and take a look, dont know how to reset the float height, but will take a look. Just dont see how this happened when it just sat clean and dry for the winter, maybe doing that got seals/gaskets too dryed out inside the carb, i dunno ? Thanks for the response YamaRider...

Back