carb mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mods are few and far between for the stockers. Atleast in my experiance. You can make the accel pump actuate faster by shimming out the actuator arm, by gluing pieces of plastic to it, or by slipping a valve stem cap on the top if the rod. It won't come off, and will limit the space between the rod and the arm to a few thousands of an inch. I have done this to mine and it has worked well. The cap does not limit the amount of rod travel either, nor does it increase it, it just makes the accel pump hit faster. Other than heating and bending the arm (which I don't care for) that's about it. You can polish the carb's inlet and the jet needle using a scotchbrite pad. Making the air move over it easier will help, but it may be more of a "just one more thing I did" exercise, than an actual mod. Someone on here may have a killer thing to try, but that is about as far as I've been able to take stocker.

Back