Carb Issue (Float bowl)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7hillswarrior

Reaction score
ok, so i had my quad taken to a shop in spring for a jetting issue with my new top end, but i faultered on keeping up with the quad. I was busy and times for messing around on the quad got further and further apart. In July, i went to start it up. I turned the fuel on and hit the starter. nothing. I was like dang, whats going on. Then my fiance goes and says, what is leaking from below your engine. Well it was gas coming out the over flow. And thats when the problems started. So i took the float bowl apart, empty out the fuel, spray some carb cleaner around in there and put it back together. The quad would fire right up. Intersting. So i ride for maybe an hour, turn it off, start it up and everything was fine. Ride again for 5 minutes, turn it off and start it up. So I turned the fuel off and parked it for 2 weeks. Then went again to start it and same thing, i would turn the fuel on and next thing, i got gas going out the over flow. What i don't understand is that the quad runs fine if i empty out the bowl. It might take a couple minutes to fire up but it does. So i did the same thing again this weekend. Now when i took the bowl apart, everything was put back correctly and everything is tight and moves freely. the float moves freely up and down. Whats cloging on the intake of fuel or on the float that just pushes the fuel to the over flow line?

any suggestions?

the warrior i bought sat for a year. i rode it prolly 7-8 times and it did same thing. i bought a rebuild kit and jetted it and it stopped doing it

man,you still havin trouble with it?this is the place to be though. ;) I havent had any trouble with mine yet,so I'm kinda stumped.

i am half tempted to get an edlebrock but dont' want to spend the $$ right now. I am getting nothing over at the ohio board. Figured i would spread it around.

This should be an easy fix, replace the float, needle, and seat and set the height, and see where that gets you. The float is probably hanging up on something or the needle is worn out and sticking.

I never turned my fuel off after riding either, that may have something to do with it getting stuck, i'm not sure. My brother's quad sits for months at a time and the fuel is always on, never had a problem with it.

Back