carb is over flowing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isamu24

Reaction score
i just had my warrior 350 running great and all the sudden it started choking it out with too much gas. all the sudden now whenever the pecock is open it fills the bowl and dumps out the carb and overflow. it has been pulled apart and cleaned throughly, and i just replaced the float needle and seat. plus adjusted the tang on the float both directions and how the manual says all still has the same effect. if u push the float while hooked to gas it will stop. cant see anything wrong with the float itself it is the plastic one

thanks

Possibly the float is saturated (cracked and has gas in it) or it may be getting hung up on something. Kinda hard to say without actually seeing it for myself.

Quick float test, take the bowl off, put some water in a clear container, Dip the carb right side up with bowl off into the bowl of water and see if the carb floats up when you move it up and down. hold it down slightly and see if it starts to sink or take on any of the water. If all is well, then you getting caught up on the sides of the bowl. Look for burrs or any thing sticking out, makes sure the bowl seal is night an taught in its groove.

its actually best to test float in gas... see water has a higher surface tension than gas and therefore gas can get into the smallest of holes (where as water wont)... it is probably catching on something else anyways tho... or the needle has dirt in it, preventing it from going shut the whole way

Back