Carb cable setups??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggaloclownz187

Reaction score
Ok well i finally found a carb i could afford for my warrior.... Long story short....

Started hooking it up and realized my bike has 2 cable setup and the new carb i got was a one cable setup, seems it uses a different setup....

Question is: Can i just unhook one of the cables from my bike and run just one on this carb, or is my bike only able to use a 2 cable setup????

I can just take one of the cables off my bike right?

Thanks sorry if it sounds newb-ish, i am new to these warriors.....

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i was thinking, but i didnt know how it was setup, because when i was shopping for cables, i did not see any difference in them either way, they all were just labeled as throttle cables....

Basically im asking if i need a new cable or if its possible to make the ones i have work?

Appreciate it guys

older model carbs used a throttle cable that went into a splitter and was divided into two cables so that one could operate the buterfly valve and one could operate the slide valve. newer carbs have internal likage that accomplishes the same thing. most likely you wont be able to use the dual cable throttle cable as removing one wouldnt allow for full travel on the second. the best thing to do is get a cable for the newer carb and it will attach right to the thumb throttle no problem at all. the cable for any of the late model bikes will work because they are all basically the same

bike warrior answered your question perfectly. But I have some questions that have noting to do with it. hahahah

1.) You still have the ATC?
2.) Did you got to the gathering this year?

Deadlast - Naw i traded the 250r for my warrior (only so my kids would ride with me).... Why you ask? hahaha yeah the gathering, i wish i was there this year, will be next year its just too far from me and too expensive.... MCL

Everyone else - Anyone got a new style cable i can buy thats close to NY, i dont want to wait a week to get one online....

Just to let everyone know, if for some reason you ever switch from a 2 cable carb. to a 1 cable carb. then all you need to do is unhook the cable that is attached to the slide on the new carb, and run just the cable in the black box on the carb and it will work fine...

No need to buy a new cable, just zip tie the old one out of the way....

Thanks guys for the help! :)

Back