Carb and AF mixture symptoms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynxgen

Reaction score
Okay okay..

Please dont slam me.... lol

I've read all the tuts and everything on jetting.
That part of it makes sense and I can deal with it just fine..

what I dont get is thus:

a soft stumble.
A hard stumble
How to test what it needs or doesnt need.

I get:
Bacfire when off the throttle.

the throttle positions.

In short:

I cant tell what my warrior is doing.

Logicaly, if anything, it should need a slightly bigger jet after putting in the stage 1 hotcam if anything.

I ran it, and found my top end boggy, lurchy, and.. odd...

but then I found the coil wire was loose and sketchy. Fixing that seemed to cure most of it.

My plug readings kinda vary, but now seem to indicate shes all good. (Plug loks a nice pleasant brownish.)
Im sure she needs tunned

When I let off the throttle she kinda backfires.

Initially, she seemed to run rather hot. But now after riding a bit, not so much. A little warmer than I feel comfortable about.

keep in mind, I never got to ride the beast under normal conditions/stock setup. I dont know if how she is now is normal or not.

Im sure she needs tuned, but I thinl Im geting mixed emotions from her through the throttle positions.

largely she seems to run rich, but then also at times seems to run lean. I dont know what to do, or how to properly test her.

I know how to fix her once I figure out what she needs, but its the figuring out that I've yet to latch onto..

*Sighs*

hope this makes sense... :-/

check out the fuel air mixtuer screw.its on the bottom of the carb .tighten but use very light force un till its snug then put two turns outs. the littel letter D should go end up in the same spot

Back