Car and truck chit chat

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy'97

Reaction score
Car And Truck Talk...

Sorry, but what's a 1200 Sportster?

Last edited:
OH NO!! Lol, it's a air cooled 1200cc V-twin Harley-Davidson engine man. I'm a big fan of H-D's too, cool bikes. Anyway, they've got pretty good power in stock trim but some serious mods can put em over 100hp & they just sound badass, lol! nothin sounds like a Harley!

Yup, but the CEO of Harley Davidson couldn't pay me enough in there life time to own, drive or let alone sit on there or any of there bikes. They may sound good, look good and are nice but to I would not trust a Harley to get me anywhere.

back when amf owned Harley they were undependable and leaked oil, since then they got the **** back together and are really good bikes, some peeps remember those amf days and never will let die but that was 30 yrs ago

Honda v twins do oh wait that's cause honda owns HD
where do you get your info??

Since 1981, Harley Davidson has been owned by an investment group headed by Willie G. Davidson, grandson of the company's co-founder, William A. Davidson. Willie is the company's senior vice president

back when amf owned Harley they were undependable and leaked oil, since then they got the **** back together and are really good bikes, some peeps remember those amf days and never will let die but that was 30 yrs ago

Yup, totally true, modern H-D's are very dependable & have biggest aftermarket following in the world man, If you can dream it, somebody already done it! The AMF years weren't the greatest, I have a very good buddy who still owns an old '81 FLH 1340 Shovelhead. That poor old bike man, that's all I can say, lol! The Shovel fires up & runs everytime though & that old engine has such a nice lope to it, I just couldn't help lovin that old thing & doin whatever I could to help my buddy on it. I bet it's got some stories to tell if it could talk.

I am not into Harleys. Nor do I ever want to be. Japanese bikes are the best. Buell's are "alright"

I am not into Harleys. Nor do I ever want to be. Japanese bikes are the best. Buell's are "alright"
I like them all, for a touring bike Harley, sport bike I like Buell and jap bikes. Only thing about Buell is I'm not a fan of thier front end looks, but I love the sound of the harley motor in them, and the fact that they run the oil and gas in the frame to keep a lower center of gravity

Same here though can't handle the organ donor bikes kills my knees just sitting on them. But for any biker out there that rides needs to be extremely careful, watch the cages they don't always see you or pay attention, and keep the rubber on the road.

Yup, but the CEO of Harley Davidson couldn't pay me enough in there life time to own, drive or let alone sit on there or any of there bikes. They may sound good, look good and are nice but to I would not trust a Harley to get me anywhere.

A Harley engine is a 250 lb. lump of ****..........The American public is brainwashed by the aura that these bikes are suppose to have......
Overpriced....underpowered garbage....
And if somebody can get 100+ hp out of a 1200 sportster engine with simple mods.....document it...and you will become very rich...very fast.
S&S High compression 96ci sportster based hand built engines don't make 100hp....

Jebby

A Harley engine is a 250 lb. lump of ****..........The American public is brainwashed by the aura that these bikes are suppose to have......
Overpriced....underpowered garbage....
And if somebody can get 100+ hp out of a 1200 sportster engine with simple mods.....document it...and you will become very rich...very fast.
S&S High compression 96ci sportster based hand built engines don't make 100hp....

Jebby

Wow, H-D strikes a cord with you guy, to each their own, that's what makes the world go round! Also, NHRS or NRHS, I get em confused sometimes, they build & have recipes for 90-130 Sporty based builds on their site a customer base to back it up. Heck guy, '05-current 1200's make 70+ lbft from the factory so yeah, they're decent performers, Sport bike they aren't but aren't in the same bracket of competition, Also, H-D does pretty well in NHRA pro stock with the Vance & Hines & Screamin Eagle race teams.

Wow, H-D strikes a cord with you guy, to each their own, that's what makes the world go round! Also, NHRS or NRHS, I get em confused sometimes, they build & have recipes for 90-130 Sporty based builds on their site a customer base to back it up. Heck guy, '05-current 1200's make 70+ lbft from the factory so yeah, they're decent performers, Sport bike they aren't but aren't in the same bracket of competition, Also, H-D does pretty well in NHRA pro stock with the Vance & Hines & Screamin Eagle race teams.

I know what it takes to make 100+ horsepower out of a 1200cc piece of **** H-D motor....about $6000 dollars....and that is if you start with a new engine.....it is simple dollars and cents...no more...no less....
I have no problem with people liking what they like....but H-D has the American public brainwashed.....70 ft/lbs. of torque is crap. My 31 yo.
Honda makes that....ever wonder why Harley doesn't post Horsepower numbers? because they don't make any......
BTW....Vance created the Pro Stock bike motor using the architechture of the V-Rod engine as a base....it is a Machined billet Twin...with zero parts that even remotely relate to any air cooled H-D twin now or then....
My father had a Big Dog Pitbull with a 107 S&S twin and that was a real twin based off air cooled architechture....about 110hp and 115 ft/lbs of torque.....
The V-Rod ironically is a real V-Twin 115hp...twin overhead cams...water cooling....designed by Porsche...and ironically they sell the least of them....Americans like to pay more to look cool(?) and go slow...
Yes it does strike a chord.....H-D is the motorcycle equivalent to a mid 80's Jaguar....overpriced...heavy...slow...and trendy....
If you would like to spend thousand and a POS so you can keep up with a $10,000 Brand X anything....be my guess. And if you want to bash me for being un-American...Victory has a whole line of bikes that do everything better for 2/3'rds the money....
H-D has diluted a name that use to mean something.....in the 70's wearing a H-D shirt meant something....now it just means you got it on sale at Wal-Mart.....
To someone that loves engines like myself....the H-D V-Twin is an insult.

Sorry for the rant,
Jebby

I know what it takes to make 100+ horsepower out of a 1200cc piece of **** H-D motor....about $6000 dollars....and that is if you start with a new engine.....it is simple dollars and cents...no more...no less....
I have no problem with people liking what they like....but H-D has the American public brainwashed.....70 ft/lbs. of torque is crap. My 31 yo.
Honda makes that....ever wonder why Harley doesn't post Horsepower numbers? because they don't make any......
BTW....Vance created the Pro Stock bike motor using the architechture of the V-Rod engine as a base....it is a Machined billet Twin...with zero parts that even remotely relate to any air cooled H-D twin now or then....
My father had a Big Dog Pitbull with a 107 S&S twin and that was a real twin based off air cooled architechture....about 110hp and 115 ft/lbs of torque.....
The V-Rod ironically is a real V-Twin 115hp...twin overhead cams...water cooling....designed by Porsche...and ironically they sell the least of them....Americans like to pay more to look cool(?) and go slow...
Yes it does strike a chord.....H-D is the motorcycle equivalent to a mid 80's Jaguar....overpriced...heavy...slow...and trendy....
If you would like to spend thousand and a POS so you can keep up with a $10,000 Brand X anything....be my guess. And if you want to bash me for being un-American...Victory has a whole line of bikes that do everything better for 2/3'rds the money....
H-D has diluted a name that use to mean something.....in the 70's wearing a H-D shirt meant something....now it just means you got it on sale at Wal-Mart.....
To someone that loves engines like myself....the H-D V-Twin is an insult.

Sorry for the rant,
Jebby

Porsche is awesome! 928's:slayer:

Back