Cant get to start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouritrailrider

Reaction score
I have replaced battery with one I know works (had it tested) and replaced starter solenoid, took apart and cleaned started, it will kinda act like it barely turns over every once in a while but just usually clicks, it only barely turns over if you are jump starting it, what else could cause this? i really want to tear into the motor, as i have most of the parts but i want it to be able to at least start before i go and rebuild

well if it's clicking really fast more like a buzzing sound this is a bad battery or connection. have you replaced it with a brand new battery cause a quad need a good amount of amp to start

Clean your connections, move your starter soleniod, disconnect, clean and tap the bottom of your solenoid with a screwdriver. Dont ask me what it does, but it worked on my TT-R.

ya i have tried everything, replacing solenoid, ground cable, hot cable, ect WTF???? i just want to burn it to the ground!!! lol

well i bought a new one, it didn't work, tried to take it back and they tested it said it was fine. it wont even jump start from a battery charger, 50 amp jump should do it right?

well when my battery was bad I've tried with a 75 amps charger and all it does was buzzing...then I bought a brand new Yuasa Kodiak battery and it started.

i thought that overpowering a starting system it would damage the rectifer regulator thing ??????

did you do anything to it recently? can you pull the plug and spin the flywheel with a socket freely? Somthing might be jammed.

Back