Can't get back out of reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBronz

Reaction score
So I never had much of a problem with this until I did the raptor clutch assembly mod. I can put it into reverse and it works, but I swear I cannot get it back out of reverse unless I turn off the key. Then it goes right back in.

What's the deal?

thats actually a known problem. mine does that once in a while and if i sit and rock it a little itll go in. off the top of my head i cant remember(its been a long morning already) what helps it other than the oil cooler

same thing happens to me every once in a while on my 2000...i just rock it al lil and it goes in...

i have an 07 raptor with an oil cooler and it still does this. i have tried several oils and found that with rottela it does it less but still hangs up, mostly when its been rode hard

Usually for my bike to get it to go back is that i make sure i have it in gear and feather the clutch a little while pushin it foward.

Usually for my bike to get it to go back is that i make sure i have it in gear and feather the clutch a little while pushin it foward.

same here I have to do this to go into reverse and out of but every time I see a video on youtube of someone going forward/reverse constantly(plowing etc) with their warrior it looks so smooth, makes me jealous

make sure your clutch is being pulled all the way to, just do what you normally doo then push on the lever with your foot or somthing to try and see if that makes a difference

clutch pull

Warriors do that a lot!!!! Your clutch is not fully releasing. probably is in the cable adjustment. If you have a ez pull clutch lever this is extreamly common as most of the aftermarket levers are based on Honda geometery. there is a fine ballance where it all works at least till the clutch gets hot. I use a yfz clutch purch and lever and have an extra steel in my clutch pack. the reverse demons have left me alone since those mods.

Back