Cant decide valves-need info or opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which maker

• stock replacements

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wiesco valves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vesrah valves

• Kibblewhite Black Diamonds

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Others - please make a post for this choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Well since it seems that no one has an extra stock exhaust valve, Im looking into whats out there. Found some made by Wiesco, Kibblewhite, vesrah, new stockers........

Well Im at a stand still, since this is my first time messing with a head. Now remember Im going to be running a Megacycle 252x1 cam and R&D HD springs, with a mild P&P with a 366. Im gonna put up a poll here and you can put your input in also.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Hmmm, so far its between the Black Diamonds and stockers. Guess I should have asked why you chose what you guys did. Obviously with the choices I gave money isnt a big thing when it comes to this, Id prefer to do it right the first time instead of tearing it back down later because I cut a corner.

I chose Kibblewhite Black Diamonds (Web) basically b/c I've heard of no complaints. The only thing I wish they had were undercut stems for a lil less weight & better flow. I decided on a +1 intake & stock size exhaust. I figure I'm gonna try to only go through this head once & wanna know it's at it's best.

I've never used the black diamonds, but have never had nor have I ever heard of issues with the stock valves. There are 1st gen warriors, like mine, with their original vlaves.

The Shindy valves that I put in mine had the identical markings on the head that the OE ones had.
Fleabay, around $27/set I think.

Both may have been sourced from the same overseas vendor...

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Gen1Pat- Main reason ive been contemplating aftermarket valves is of the cam. The 252x1 megacycle is a .450 lift cam. If i was just going with a webcam .390 I would for sure just use stock replacements. Like i siad i only wanna do this once.

Nothings set in stone valve wise yet, but will be shortly.

Well the way I look at it is, they offer those valves because they are supposed to be better than stock. So if that's the case go for em. I've never heard complaints about the black diamonds, either. We always tell our customers; if you have doubt or concern, then you obviously don't trust it, so replace it. Best to have that peace of mind. Besides, beefier the part the better.

Ya its not so much doubt as it is concern. Its a pretty agressive cam, so thats the main reason I started looking at aftermarket valves. Kinda pieces of mind, besides the fact that this is an extra head and I wanna have it 100% ready to go when I get ready to do the motor work.

i think they are both great, and put stockers back in mine. BUT with increased spring pressure, im sure the diamonds are the way to go. if i dont sell my warrior, and decide that i need more power(OF COURSE I DO!!!) kb diamonds are the ticket. but pricey.

Well now I really dont know what to do. Ive been hoping to sell the extra parts I have to fund some of this, but non of it has sold. Money is starting to tighten up and as much as I dont want to a corner may have to be cut and just use oe valves. Im getting frustrated here:argh:. Id really like to do the Kibbles, its just killing me

Back